A couple of my friends introduced me to Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. The idea: spend a couple minutes mixing up dough and you’ll have homemade bread that is easy enough to become a daily ritual for everyone. Really? How did I miss this? I rushed over to their website, got the Master Artisan Recipe, and watched the video. I quickly whipped up the dough, let it sit overnight in the fridge, and bake my loaf the next day. Drum roll please….
Seriously, I couldn’t believe I made that! My hubby said he felt like he was at a restaurant and my boys couldn’t get enough. The loaf was gone in minutes. I calculated the cost and quickly found the dough mixture (enough for 4 loaves of bread) was just $.75. That just $.19 per loaf!!!
The first book was so popular that they published a second book, Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day. I was given a copy to review and another to give to one of my readers!
Again, I started with the MASTER HEALTHY BREAD RECIPE and instruction VIDEO. Here are the things I made:
- The Bradley Benn’s Beer Bread reminded us of stuffing on Thanksgiving- in a good way. Perfect with potato soup.
- The crackers were difficult to make. I couldn’t get the dough ‘paper thin’ as they suggested. The end result was a pita-like cracker. It would have been good with a dip, but I didn’t have any at the time.
- The Cinnamon-Raisin Toast was good warm. We prefer a softer crust and less raisins, but it was still tasty.
- The pizza was AMAZING! We love a thin crust and the dough had such a nice flavor after sitting in the fridge a couple days. We ate two pizzas and wished we had more. This is officially our new pizza dough. Delicious and quick! The dough is good in the fridge for 2 weeks or you can freeze the dough in one pound batches.
I’m happy to be a part of the Artisan revolution! I never knew one bowl of dough could make so many unique breads. I still want to make the breadsticks, cinnamon crescent rolls, garlic-studded baguette…the list goes on. Many of you would benefit from the numerous gluten-free breads. It’s a great cookbook and one of you will win it!
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED.
GIVEAWAY: One The Carolina Clipper reader will win Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day!
To ENTER, up to 5 entries per person. Please leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Required Entry – Tell us one thing you’d like to make with Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day.
- Optional extra entry – Subscribe to The Carolina Clipper via email.
- Optional extra entry – Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter, get our RSS Feed.
- Optional extra entry- Share this giveaway on Facebook or tweet the following on Twitter “Enter @CarolinaClipper to win Healthy Bread in 5 Minutes a Day”. (I added buttons at the bottom of this post to make sharing easy!)
- If you are a Pantry Challenge participant leave a comment and you get an extra entry!
One winner will be chosen on Monday, February 7, 2011 and will be notified via email.